Below is an example of what we would want in this spot
We are looking for a motivated and adaptable Staff Accountant who is ready to jump in and assist on multiple initiatives spanning our accounting, accounts receivable and accounts payable functions.
The ideal candidate should have the strong attention to detail, combined with the process follow-through and communication skills required to support accounts payable and accounts receivable functions. This role is perfect for someone seeking exposure to a variety of financial tasks that will serve as a solid background for future career growth.
- Support all functions of the accounting close including journal entries, reporting, cash flow management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliation, billing, account reconciliations and month-end close
- Prepare journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes.
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Monitor accounts for nonpayment and other irregularities, research, and report discrepancies
- Track and resolve outstanding payment issues
- Track collections communications in a consistent, organized, and reliable manner
- Work closely with other departments, management and client to resolve disputes
- Accurately review, code and process vendor invoices
- Load invoices into accounts payable system, Bill.com, for approval and payment
- Address and respond to vendor inquiries
- Perform other related duties as directed and assist Controller as needed
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business-related field
- 2+ year accounting experience, public accounting experience preferred
- CPA preferred
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and MS Office required
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, non-verbal, written), with the ability to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Health Care we pay for: max $970/month for employee/family
- Dental: $40 per month
- Vision: $6 per month
- 401k match: 4%
Union is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Union is an all-in-one hospitality engagement platform that leverages industrial-grade data intelligence to deliver transformative experiences for the industry’s most popular venues, their guests, and their brand partners. – After creating the most high-powered point of sale system for bars and restaurants, Union’s seamlessly integrated tableside mobile ordering platform is the cherry on top that makes the system the true market leader.
Our merchants don’t just want a better bean counter. They want a technology platform that’s transformational in its approach to driving engagement, customer satisfaction and, ultimately, revenue. We are committed to continuous innovation, and we’re looking for only the best and the brightest to help us solve tough challenges for our customers.