Want to work on an innovative product?
Yearn to flex in a growing mission-driven start-up that has a proven business plan?
Seeking to avoid the huge lumbering bureaucracy of big companies?
Have a desire to have your voice and influence a decision?
… If so, you are in good company!
Union is a point of sale system specializing in bars and restaurants seeking a contact-free solution for ordering via a mobile app. We are already disrupting the hospitality point of sale market with an innovative business model and modernized architecture that we would love to talk to you about.
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer with at least 4 years running systems in AWS and has robust experience with supporting monitoring platforms like New Relic.
What we are looking for:
- Several years of engineering experience in DevOps or in Operational Automation
- Scripting in CI/CD tooling or AWS automation tools
- Knowledge of Cloud Monitorings platforms such as CloudWatch, New Relic, Data Dog, etc
- Worked with both EC2 instances and a containerized production workload
- Must have managed either a Kubernetes (k8s) cluster or Couchbase cluster
- Experience in hospitality (especially as a bartender or waiter) is a plus
What you can expect from us:
- A unique application poses unique and exciting challenges
- A DevOps culture where automated scripting thrives
- Freedom to make a difference and be heard
- Ability to make a decision and pivot when something is not working
- An experienced staff who are open to change
Some questions we’ll ask:
- Please how monitoring you built caught a production issue proactively
- Please describe your experience testing your applications.
- Please describe the team you are part of and your role within the team.
- Are you authorized to work in the United States?
Trust me. If it was boring, we would not be here! Come talk to us, maybe even a beer.